There is something mysterious and intriguing about a locked area or object. The lock is cold, hard and seemingly unbreakable. What is beyond that lock that is so important it must be contained and/or protected? It must be special to be guarded so well. It must be of value to whomever owns what is behind that barrier. Most locked areas have something of value of which one can steal and use. Some locks are also utilized to protect the common person from physical danger.
But what about the locks in our inner being?
This week I have been challenged by the enemy in a situation I have never experienced. Expectations were broken and the reality of circumstances set in. Being primarily Melancholy, I, of course, had to analyze and dwell on it over and over again. It became a spiritual battle over my mind and when it was over, it left me exposed with wounds to the heart.
Somehow the hurt I could stuff somewhere easily in a corner and lock it up so I would never get hurt again. But the Holy Spirit showed me the consequences of locking that pain up in the same hidden place where similar pain has inhabitated over the years rather comfortably.
I liken it as a prison. But first, the merciless judgement from the accuser, "I therefore charge pain resulting from rejection and fear with 30 years to life in a maximum security prison in your heart."
By this method and under the same jurisdication over the years , it has become overcrowded in this prison and there are very few negative emotions up for parole anytime soon. Inmates of rejection and neglect fester as well as constantly threat to riot. Most of the time they keep the peace until a new negative inmate arrives. In spite of this the heart hesitates to let go of the negative emotions. Stuffing them in a dark dungeon is easier, certainly less painful than dealing with unruly emotion. But in a small significant area the heart is losing its luster for life, willingness to trust, and its compassion for lovable and unlovable people.
This is where the Deliverer comes in if He is given permission. The Deliverer, our Savior, wants to break that lock and help the heart deal with the painful emotions.
Is it scary? Yes, but He is there to protect.
Is it difficult? Yes, but we are more than conquerors through Christ.
Is He commanding forgiveness? Yes, He forgave us and tells us to forgive seventy times seven!
Does it hurt? Most definitely! But if we stick it out with Jesus by our side the end result is love, peace, happiness, LIFE!
We are set free and no longer carry the weight of such darkness, the stench of rotting negativity and the burden of past offenses. Compassion for the lost returns with more zeal, love abides at all times and offenses are quickly forgiven.
Locks are a mystery. You have to ask what is it protecting? What is being contained and why? If its negative, it is time to dispose its passion to devour through the blood of Jesus Christ!
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10:10

You are off to an amazing start Mindi. This is powerful and moving. I'm praying for you sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteJumped over here from Linda's post. Welcome to the blogging world, Mindi. I'm also a writer/artist who works a day job at a medical billing company (as a data analyst). Kind of ironic, huh? Looking forward to seeing how you and your blog grow!
ReplyDeleteOh, and with Linda to encourage you to boot. What a blessing you have in her.
ReplyDeleteThanking God for that Deliverer...
Visiting from Linda's ... hope you find blogging a fulfilling experience.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blog-world! I hope you find as many delightful friends here as I have been blessed to find. Blogging has been a true blessing. You are off to a good start with Linda's friendship and support. She's a treasure. Thank you for sharing your heart.
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing quite like the freedom in Christ, is there? And yet how easy it is to want to hide beyond the locks. Well done post!
ReplyDeleteAnd here from Linda's to Welcome you to blogging!
Well done (photo too) and well said. This is a universal message. I enjoyed seeing your start and look forward to more. Thanks Linda for the link!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ladies for the encouragement and for visiting my blog. I wanted to comment sooner but had some difficulty with my computer.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to getting to know all of you better. You all have inspired me greatly.
Many blessings over you!
this is beautiful. i'm so glad to have 'met' you through linda...
ReplyDelete